[Arm-netbook] Netbook / PSU Dead

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 12:31:36 BST 2010

Teis Dreijer wrote:
> When the netbook is powered off I see no red glow. I have not been able
> to tell a difference in temperature on the psu - unplugged versus
> charging the battery and powering the screen/machine.
>
> On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 11:53 +0100, Michael Howard wrote:
>
>> I've just re-installed lenny and left the netbook sat at the login
>> prompt for half an hour. It was connected to the power supply. On my
>> return, it had switched itself off and refuses to switch on.
>>
>> I'm assuming (hoping) the battery is flat and that the power supply is
>> dead. Can someone confirm that, with the psu plugged in and the netbook
>> switched off, you get the red glow? I currently don't get anything and
>> the psu is cold.

Thanks Teis.

I've managed to dig out an old Uniross, universal suplpy from the attic
and the netbook is alive so the psu that came with it must have died!
The red glow appeared as soon as I connected the Uniross so I guess from
what you have said, it will go out when the battery is fully charged.

Anyway, back up and running :)

Cheers,

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire