[Arm-netbook] Debian Installer fully functional for ChiTech PC89E

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 23:51:14 GMT 2010

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2010, Michael Howard wrote:
>
>> What implications will the custom udev package have on an X-Window
>> system?
>>

> Not sure, but I would expect it to just work. The incompatibility is on the
> kernel side, not on the userland side.

This is probably a very daft question, but, what x server?

It seems xserver-xorg-core requires libudev0 and libudev0 requires udev
<=151-3. Obviously not normally a problem but with the custom udev were
using 160-really0.125-1. Obviously libudev0 can be forced but the
dependencies will go on, no?

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire