[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - success replicating boot from SDcard with switch in NON-factory-default setting

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:48:39 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl> wrote:
> I repeat the question: how exactly can you be sure that the system booted
> from the SD card and not from the NAND?

 we will know that, definitively, when adam's system successfully
boots, as we know that his NAND flash is corrupted.

 so far we have 2 sets of empirical evidence supporting the
hypothesis: adam's will lend a third.

and yes, if someone wants to risk completely bricking their machine,
change the NAND flash u-boot params, that makes it absolutely
unequivocably clear.

 i'd recommend that we set something up which tries that out (remotely
and easily) on adams already-bricked machine.

 that's assuming that the machine itself isn't damaged (which could
easily be the reason why it's not booting - nothing to do with the
firmware rewrite at all).