[Arm-netbook] Booting from SD card with switch on so-dimm in other direction ...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:16:59 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl> wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but what exactly in your description
> proves that it booted from the SD card instead of the Nand?

 a combination of events, where yes you are correct there is one more
test that will nail it 100%.

> Are we really 100% certain that the conclusions are correct?

 i tried without the SD card, some weeks ago: absolutely nothing happened.

 jon tried _with_ the SD card ( as a direct one-to-one copy of the
NAND ) - boot equals success.

 the ultimate confirmation is for jon to boot _his_ netbook without
the SD card, with the switch still set to opposite of factory-default.