[Arm-netbook] Debian Installer fully functional for ChiTech PC89E

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Mar 23 22:11:21 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> - Internal flash (mmcblk0) gets disabled (or reset) when external SD
>   card is inserted/removed.
>   Do *NOT* change the SD card while the installer or Debian is running.

I had hoped that maybe it would be possible to change the SD card very
early in the installation, but I've just tried that and it does not seem
to work either.

So, really: do *NOT* change the SD card while the installer or Debian is
running.

Note that USB storage (USB sticks or an external USB hard disk) is
supported. Also supported are LVM and crypto for partitioning, but not
RAID.

The current kernel has a fairly minimal config [1]. If there are any
suggestions or wishes, please let me know.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] The kernel config is included in the kernel package that is installed
during the installation and can be found in /boot on the installed system.
I may also post it somewhere later.