[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - help needed to avert GPL violation.

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Mar 15 15:23:00 GMT 2010

Hello Luke,

while reading your mail, unfortunately this problem is well known to me.

I try to get infos about manufacturing our own Netbook or TablePC  which
we can individualy configured.

If I assume a quantity of 100.000 pcs (required minimum), the  costs  of
material to build the PCB + Display is arround 44 Euro (~58 US$).

The machines to build the PCB, the  Printer, Placer  and  Reflow-Station
cost arround 270.000 Euro (~360.000 US$) one time.

Now I am ongoung to find a manufacturer for a Milling-Machine suitable
to make the forms for the Plastic Mulding-Machine.

Maby I am crazy, but I like to know, whether it is possibel to beat  the
chinese manufacturers...  In theory it IS POSSIBEL!

If I calculate right, the  100.000  Netbooks  can  be  manufacturers  in
arround 2 years with ONE system (I asume, that it is not even  possibel,
to distribute more then 50.000 Netbooks per year based on OLP)

So, if I want to earn 1 Euro per computer it would be fine for me... :-D

And no, I do not want to make the big money.  I like to have  an  enter-
prise which make fun and work  on  the  "Open Hardware Project"  in  the
sense  of  the  "Open Source Software".  OK,  in  the   OHP   are   some
restrictions but generaly my projects are open.

Note:   I was already talking to my bank about this project and they are
        a little bit picky...  It seems I have to contact Berkley.

        Does someone know, how to contact this Bank?

        I know the make financement for new enterprises and I am talking
        about a whole infrastructure in the size of arround 4-6mio Euro.

        IF someone can make me a REAL contact with the OLP  responsables
        we can make a better plan if asian manufacturers get cold feets.

He and of course, I would make my Computer 100%  Linux  compatibel  from
the Hardware. which mean, my "Hardware Development" and  your  "Software
Development" would work Hand-In-Hand, mean, if something  is  not  realy
working through software and it can be done by changing the Hardware, we
do it!

I have realy enough of incompatibel Hardware and energy sucking i386 and
arm64 based PCs.

This is WHY I am interested in developing a new kind of PanelPC, TablePC
and NetBook based on the ARM architecture.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193