[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - 2.6.24.7 mer smartq "hacked" kernel bootup

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Fri Mar 12 13:18:57 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ok no breakfast yet here's a tarball containing the files i'm most
> likely to have modified:
> http://lkcl.net/arm_systems/CT-PC89E/2.6.24.7.chitech.tgz

Thanks a lot Luke. I'll have a go with your latest tomorrow and make a
start with porting to later kernels.

Could you do us and yourself a huge favor to make things easier to track?

I guess you're basing on this kernel, correct?
http://zenvoid.org/software/qi-smartq/source/linux-2.6.24.7-smartq20091105.tar.lzma

If so, please do the following:
- rename your existing source dir to something safe
- unpack the smartq tarball again
- cd into the newly unpacked dir
- run
  - sudo apt-get install git-core (if needed)
  - git init
  - git add *
  - git commit -a -m "smartq 2.6.27.7 import"
  - git gc # saves a lot of disk space
  - mv .git/ <renamed source dir with your changes>
- you can now remove the clean smartq tree again (and rename yours back
  if you want)
- cd into the source dir with your changes
- run
  - git add .config
  - git commit -a -m "Luke's got the force"
- when you make additional changes, commit those as well

You can then, instead of whole files, send us diffs (or even patch series)
against the smartq tree. Makes for much, much less risk things get missed
out, overlooked, lost or misinterpreted.

Or use whatever other SCM/VCS you prefer of course.

Thanks,
FJP