[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re-installing CT-PC89E original firmware ...

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Fri Mar 12 08:38:34 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010, Adam Gill wrote:
> Can you remind us what exactly we have to put on ther 2gb ..... how to
> format it ...what to unpack on the sd card ... can the data be copied
> there or how to do ..

What I have done, using a 2GB SD card, is:
- mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblkX (whole device)
- mount /dev/mmcblkX /mnt
- cd /mnt
- tar xf /path/to/ct-pc89e-firmware.tgz
If you only want to flash u-boot and the kernel and not the root fs:
  - mv datang-epc.tar.gz datang-epc.tar.gz.skip
- cd ~
- sync
- umount /mnt

I have a SD card slot on my HP laptop, so I've done all of that there.

Possibly putting everything on a first partition instead of using the whole
SD card will work as well. (I tried that, but it did not work. But later I
found out that I simply did not hold the power button down long enough.)

- insert SD card in netbook
- hold down both touchpad buttons
- press *and hold* power button
- keep holding down all 3 buttons until either blue text for success or red
  text for error is displayed

Cheers,
FJP