[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re-installing CT-PC89E original firmware ...

Jonathan Ervine jon.ervine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 07:16:19 GMT 2010

On 9 Mar 2010, at 18:11, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Jon Ervine <jon.ervine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Luke - ping .... are using SDHC cards or the older SD (lower capacity)
>> variety?
>
> yep.  follow frans' advice: use the existing running OS to check the
> SD card _before_ using it to reflash the firmware.  i'd recommend also
> using the commands (if they're there - mkfs.vfat and fdisk) actually
> from the chitech MOS to format the SD card.

I seem to recall that the mkfs tools weren't present on the system. The existing OS did pick up the SD cards - of all sizes, up to 16GB that I tested. I've now purchased a 2GB SD card and it seems to be flashing ... I've got blue text instead of red, and a few english words do pop up as well :-)

Jon