[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E update (message to factory)

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Wed Mar 10 13:50:09 GMT 2010

Hello Luke and *,

Am 2010-03-10 12:53:38, schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
> ok, just to let people know: a quick review thanks to ben of the
> hi-res photos, and some reverse-engineering yesterday, shows some
> issues that need to be resolved.  we've been receiving "we'll get back
> to you" messages from the sales, for each message that adam's been
> sending every two days.  putting this together with the mess that the
> linux kernel is in (race conditions on GPIO due to bypassing the
> standard functions) and we believe they're having... difficulties :)
>
> so we're piling on the pressure, basically, because right now this
> product will be a failure if it goes out the door with the linux
> kernel factory-installed as it is.  the idea is to continue to offer
> our help in getting them out of the mess.

Does this mean you would consider to RE-DESIGN the WHOLE Base-Board  and
design (or buy) a new SO-Dimm for it?

I should note, that the current OMAP 3530 with 720MHz ist the fastest TI
Microcontroller and they are working on a faster one...  :-)

For the Marvel Kirkwood I have to wait because before I start I need muc
more infos from TI and Marvel.

The smallest EVKit for the OMAP 3530 would be arround 350 Euro  and  for
the Marvell Kirkwood (SO-Dimm) arround 450 Euro.

Also "Silica" (they are in  Strasbourg  too)  offered  me  access  to  a
Freescale i.MX51 but now I have to wait for all infos.  ;-)

The EVkit for the i.MX51 is arround 760 US$.

I would develop a SO-Dimm where OMAP and Kirkwood will have te same Pin-
Layout and users can then choose the desired performance from inexpnsive
"it works for me" to "killer ferrari".

This project will be much more fun, but of course, can not more  handled
by my self alone...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193