[Arm-netbook] alternative SO-DIMMS

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:43:48 GMT 2010

  http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/magniel.com

>> > Kirkwood 88F6281
>> > Kirkwood MV78200
>> > Armada 300
>>  goood stuuuff.
>
> I hope, I can get it running fast!  AVNET-MEMEC told me I can  speed  up
> my design be using there Reference Designs and schematics.

 excellent.

> It is a little bit picky to get the Marvel on a  SO-Dimm  together  with
> 512 MByte of Memory and a NAND Flash but it can be done.

 well i figured that a Micro SD card slot would be better for the
option to be able to upgrade/replace the OS (at the risk of a speed
trade-off).  as the SO-DIMM is going to have the general-purpose
Memory Bus Address and Data lines out on it, you could always put NAND
flash on the main PCB.

> However, I have send him the photo of the SO-Dimm JPG you send me and he
> told me, that using two big 256 MByte DDR2/3 will be expensive.

 the odroid specs use 4x DDR2 chips, K4T1G084QQ-HCE7, to get 512mb DDR2.

>> > First had contacted me:  10"2 without SO-DIMM module for 48 US$ @10.000
>>  okay... is that including a motherboard?  i'm also assuming that at
>> that price, it's without the screen.  however if it _is_ including the
>> screen that's pretty damn good.
>
> It is complete (but no webcam) and only the SO-Dimm is missing

 so, exactly the same idea: the SO-Dimm contains the CPU, memory and
NAND Flash (or SD-Card)?

> But I am not sure, whether it has an Ethernet plug

 that's okay, for the most part, because people can use USB Ethernet dongles.

> 5)  Infineon    38 US$  2 x 128 MByte DDR2 (quit expensive)

what about Hynix H5PS1G43EFR?  they are 1gbit DDR2, you should be able
to get them for $2.30 ea.