[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re-installing CT-PC89E original firmware ...

Adam Gill madallig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:35:02 GMT 2010

What's this about  ... wating for my message to be approved?? on
arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk ?? I thought this is all meant to be open!!

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have tried to re-install the CT-PC89E original firmware by putting the
>> files onto a FAT formatted 2GB SD card (brand new) and inserting it into the
>> SD card slot and then power on while pressing down the L/R of mouse ...
>>

>  it has to be power-on + left button + right button all three PRESS
> AND HOLD for at least five, maybe six seconds.
>
>  i _did_ have to find a 128mb SD card: that worked.  as did a 256mb.
> i _thiiink_ a 2gb on also worked but i'm now using it in another
> machine.

1.Absolutely nothing happens ... I wait 10 seconds .... can only get 2GB
sd card now in HK ...
2. No power up
3. If i keep pressing the power button many times i will get the screen
to light up and the power button to stay on (even when the ac supply is
not plugged in) -- then its bright with all sorts of patterns