[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re-installing CT-PC89E original firmware ...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:16:02 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <luke.leighton at googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: Re-installing CT-PC89E original firmware ...
To: Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried to re-install the CT-PC89E original firmware by putting the
> files onto a FAT formatted 2GB SD card (brand new) and inserting it into the
> SD card slot and then power on while pressing down the L/R of mouse ...

 it has to be power-on + left button + right button all three PRESS
AND HOLD for at least five, maybe six seconds.

 i _did_ have to find a 128mb SD card: that worked.  as did a 256mb.
i _thiiink_ a 2gb on also worked but i'm now using it in another
machine.

> Absolutly nothing happens

 what do you mean "absolutely nothing happens"?   do you mean
"absolutely nothing" as in _really_ absolutely nothing?  as in, "the
machine absolutely does absolutely nothing" as in "pressing those
three buttons, it does not power up, it does not boot up, no lights
flash, nothing appears on-screen, no sounds made, no clicks made,
absolutely no response whatsoever of any kind in any way shape or
form" as in _absolutely_ nothing happens?

 or do you mean "absolutely nothing _different_ (from what i do when i
do _not_ press and hold the three buttons) happens" ?  as in
"press-and-hold of those buttons, it boots up 'normally'", or "other"
behaviour?

> ...which makes me think that the little switch on
> the PCBA is in the wrong postion?

 no it's not: if that switch is in the other position, the machine
will entirely fail to boot, period.  tried it.