[Arm-netbook] Repartitioning the internal flash

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:39:56 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM, JLB <j at twu.net> wrote:
> Incidentally, am I the only one who is annoyed that with a meagre (by
> modern standards!) 2GB of internal flash, they still bothered to partition
> it into two large 'chunks' (mmcblk0p2 and mmcblk0p3)? Is there any sane,
> safe, reasonable way we could repartition this (i.e. to combine p2 and p3
> into one bigger partition) without ending up with a netbook-shaped brick?

 reasonable: yes. on the debian-lenny rootfs i installed parted.

 safe: no way to tell.  we really need to know the procedure that's
been executed under u-boot.  does it blow away the partitions? (does
anyone know a way to check - volume serial numbers for example?)  does
it merely reformat p2?

 y'know what: sod it, i'm going to try it.