[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - got debian onto machine

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Mar 2 22:53:53 GMT 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> success!  debian is on.  i had set up lvm2, which i had to comment out
> from /etc/init.d/lvm2 by putting exit 0 at the top.  basically i had a
> debian armel install using qemu which i've now hacked about and then
> rsync'd out of qemu.

For your next attempt I would suggest using netcat instead. That way you
can go directly from file system in qemu to tarball on the host.

Something like:
on host: nc -l -p 1234
on qemu: tar czf / | nc <ip addr of host> 1234

May be slower than rsync though. You could leave the compression after the
transfer.