[Arm-netbook] Parcel tracking ... for 8.9" CT-PC89E ARM netbook

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:12:33 GMT 2010

2010/2/22 JLB <j at twu.net>:
> Well, after a LONG time stuck in customs, I have my unit! Now the real fun
> begins.

 hoooraaaaay.

> Has anyone figured out how to replace the OS yet? ;)

 i've been thinking about that.

 and also i took a look at what alejandro found
(http://mid-linux.org/sdk) and it's definitely using u-boot, and
there's a 1st partition and i kinda expect it to be "standard" booting
according to S3C6410 documentation, also they mention about TFTP
booting.

 the idea that i had was to do a debian armel "debootstrap", then copy
that onto the machine, and chroot into it, and check that it works
from there.  then either take a risk and replace everything on the
partition with what's in the chroot, or set up a one-off boot script
which replaces itself with the original link to /sbin/init.

 the "safer" way is to wait to hear from the factory and get info from
them: adam says that people are beginning to return to work, now.