[Arm-netbook] Crooks at parcel force

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 13:54:51 GMT 2010

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ok, if you want to speed things up, go here:
> http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw
>
> type in the EA000nnnnnn number from Hong Kong EMS. and note the
> parcelfarce number (which should end GB)
>
> then, call these guys:
> +448448004466

[snip]

Thanks for that vital information.  The last time Parcel Farce did this
to me they were uncontactable by any known means.  Their published
telephone numbers just rang and rang without being answered, and their
on-line "We'll call you" service just caused a machine to phone you and
say, "We're sorry but no-one is available to take your call" and then
hang up.  I had to pull in a couple of favours to get a postal address
for them and then conduct all my hassling by post.

I'm glad to see they will release phone numbers for their local depots
again.  They had made them all secret - presumably to prevent customers
being able to get in touch.

> for me, alain, it was £20 not £21.50.

£21.50 for me too.

They have now promised delivery tomorrow.  We'll see whether they manage
to keep a promise for once.  Rather worryingly, the message on their
Oxford depot line says, "Deliveries are currently being delayed by the
widespread snow."  As we haven't had any for about a month it doesn't
inspire confidence.

Cheers,
John