[Arm-netbook] we and mid-fun

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:50:58 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<luke.leighton at googlemail.com> wrote:
> alejandro - patience.  we caught them just before chinese new year;
> the OS has been supplied to the factory "as-is"; they have promised to
> provide an "upgrade" version of the OS _after_ chinese new year and

 once we receive the "upgrade" image, it will be blindingly obvious
how to create our own "upgrade" images, by unpacking whatever is on
the image.  judging by the last one that adam got (which was for a 7in
MIPS-based netbook) it will simply involve knowing what the name of
the start-up program is.  "normally" this is /sbin/init but on e.g.
the odroid, the u-boot parameters have been changed to /init, and on
the 7in MIPS netbook, it's difficult to tell but i think it's been
changed to /install.sh - their procedures are all a bit of a mess,
it's difficult to identify.