[Arm-netbook] Crooks at parcel force

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:28:05 GMT 2010

I have just received a letter from them saying that VAT is payable on the laptop.
OK, that doesn't worry me: 8 quid.
But they also want ''parcelforce clearance fee'' of #13.50

I suppose that they know that they have me over a barrel and so feel that
they can charge what they want - I am not in a position to complain.

The stupid thing is that I will just claim the VAT straight back, so this is
just an elaborate way for me giving parcel force a gift of #13.50.

I know little about these things, is there a way of pre-paying the VAT so that
next time we don't end up being fleeced ?

BTW: not a complaint about Luke/Adam - who are virgins like me in these matters.

Moan, grumble, cough, ....

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/