[Arm-netbook] First impressions

Jon Ervine jon.ervine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:46:22 GMT 2010

On 17 February 2010 15:41, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've just been playing with entering various passwords on that initial
> startup display box - if you enter the wrong password there - it says
> "incorrect password" - if you enter the keyboard cursor then you go straight
> into the account that is default.
>
> There are some passwords in the /etc/password files - if you enter this
> into the browser ....

Probably not - I'd say it is configured to automatically be waiting for the
password for the midfun user account, which is blank. Entering the 'correct'
root password is still wrong for the midfun user, so authentication will
fail. If we could get a working terminal or tty1 on Ctrl+Alt+F1 to work then
we could get root access which would allow a lot more exploration of the
Linux installation.

Jon