[Arm-netbook] Parcel tracking ... for 8.9" CT-PC89E ARM netbook

Teis Dreijer teis at dreijer.dk
Mon Feb 15 16:23:03 GMT 2010

Where I live, everything from certain countries is ran through customs
as a routine check.

>From what I've experienced they pick out random stuff to check mostly if
the value is not given on the package label, it seems the package has
*some* value and might be a 'foreign purchase'.

If a value is given on the label and its above the 'ok, whatever' limit
they usually leave the package alone and send an invoice based on the
value on the label. I've experienced that they opened packages with a
value that would require them to bill me, they sealed it up again and
I've never heard from them, ie. no invoice. This is rare here though.

I stopped worrying long time ago - its a gamble with two possible
outcomes. My budget is not tight enough to care about what they might
want me to pay in import tax/VAT for a usd $200 package.

Live is too short ;-)

Cheers,
Teis Dreijer