[Arm-netbook] Original ChiTech kernel available as Debian package

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 23:19:59 BST 2010

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 22 April 2010, Michael Howard wrote:
>
>> 1. On completion of the kernel install, it reflashes 'our' kernel.
>>

> No, it doesn't. It flashes the ChiTech kernel (which overwrites our
> kernel). It's impossible that installing the ChiTech kernel would flash
> our kernel (simply because of the way things are scripted). The only way
> that could happen is e.g. if "our" kernel was updated at the same time; in
> that case both kernels could be flashed and the last one would win.

So why did it report that it was flashing 2.6.24.7-0-s3c and `'uname -r'
report the same on after rebooting successfully?
>> 2. Manually flashing the chitech kernel results in the boot hanging
>> immediately on restart with initial 'G3' graphic displayed.
>>

> It doesn't hang. It's waiting for input on VT1. As you cannot see anything
> happening on VT1 because the ChiTech kernel does not support VT1, it only
> appears to be hanging.

Ok, fair enough, it's waiting for input on VT1, but it's gonna wait
along time, I've decided to use it as a door stop :)

I really don't have the inclination any more!

Cheers,

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire