[Arm-netbook] Update on Seatron

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:46:14 BST 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Still up in China ...
> Since i have not heard from Seatron for over a week, I called them again
> .... funny conversation - one person understand English but no speak ......
> so it was a yes/ no conversation ... but Seatron has been up in Beijing the
> past week ....... so they have not had time to answer my email ....
> maybe they were talking to the software ppl about our project as one of the
> topics of conversation !!

 that would be good.

> Anyway ...I am still pushing with Seatron .... for the so-dimm and all the
> other points ...
>
> Luke ..... are you still going ahead with the upgrade of the so-dimm? ...

 yes - i was waiting to hear what seatron have to say: they're
surprisingly not very knowledgeable about the features of the S5PC110,
believing it to be DDR1 RAM and USB1 only, which, no _wonder_ they
ruled it out if that's what they believe.

 i am reluctant to ask james to do a total redesign by using an
S5PV210, but if seatron are more likely to be interested then we might
have to.

 i _hope_ the two CPUs are identical pin-outs: if they are, then
that's less work for james.