[Arm-netbook] SO-DIMM Upgrade Proposal: CT-PC89E with an 833mhz S5PC100 and 1gb of RAM - anyone interested?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:54:21 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Baybal Ni <nikulinpi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> However, that may change if we do get the ChiTech kernel
>>> source available.
>>
>>  yeh.  i'm pretty pissed about that.  important lesson there, on several levels.
>
> I'm pretty sure that, none of ChiTech employers haven't ever heard
> word linux. The most possible variant is that they bought complete
> system or outsourced system integration.

 we have had confirmation from them: they have absolutely no software
engineers or any technical expertise of _any_ kind: they are purely a
manufacturing factory.  everything that we sent to them they forwarded
to naijing aka http://mid-fun.com.  chitech, not knowing the
implications, even relayed the GPL violating responses.

 then we learned, after they began reading the messages that they were
relaying, that they were getting very worried, and actually made a
request for the linux kernel and other source code _themselves_... and
naijing aka http://mid-fun.com denied the request even TO THEM.

 this does not de-obligate chitech from complying with the gpl: they
are still in violation for distributing binaries without source code.
but it helps clarify that they're being fucked about just as much as
we are.