[Arm-netbook] NIC Issues

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 20:18:45 BST 2010

face wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 05:40:28PM +0100, Michael Howard wrote:
>
>> Judging by the lack of response to my previous emails, I'm the only one
>> suffering from a lack of  networktivity :)
>>
> Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have issues with the nic as
> well. I only tried it once so far, but it didn't work. This is with
> the midfun distro.

Not sure if you saw the earlier replies but squeezing (lightly with
snipe nose pliers or such like) the end of the dongles mini connector
resolved the wired issue for me. It just needs to be 'tighter' than it is.

>> Actually, wireless works under the original OS, though not wired at the
>> mo. I'm wondering if the dongle thingy might be to blame?

wireless now works with the debian install too.

Cheers,

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire