[Arm-netbook] SO-DIMM Upgrade Proposal: CT-PC89E with an 833mhz S5PC100 and 1gb of RAM - anyone interested?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Sat Apr 3 01:41:10 BST 2010

Hello *,

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Michelle Konzack
> <linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
>  i have nooo idea, i leave it up to james: i trust him, he gets on
> with it.  his english isn't very good, so i prefer not to quiz him -
> he just make a solution work, i'm happy.

The Sitara AM3517 can not handel more then 128 MByte per CS line,  so  I
have to install two 1 Gbit to get it running.

It is nice, but for bigger things is 256 MByte not enough

>  not good enough.  you can't go spending money like that, in advance:
> that's completely unreasonable for you (and for anyone who wants to
> have the possibility of a marvell CPU).
>
>  tell them no way - no deal, asking them this question: how can we do
> an open survey, asking people "ohh, because marvell will not tell us
> the price, you must donate approx $20 each, for us to 'prove' to
> marvell that we are worthy to use their CPU in the 100% free software
> FSF-approved netbook" ?
>
>  if that doesn't work, then tell them that lkcl said that they can
> fuck right off :)

This is, why I try to get ANY required microchips and EVKits for free!

It is already enough, if I have to  pay  the  protytype  PCB  wich  cost
arround 80 Euro for a SO-Dimm size and for the baseboard in the size  A5
arround 350 Euro.

> > I am waiting for the prices, but I think, it will be arround 80 US$  but
> > if it can be made compatibel with the Samsung SO-Dimm it is a realy nice
> > option.
>
>  for a 2ghz CPU?  they are taking the piss.  or, the yield is very
> poor.  i assume that's a 45nm part.  ask them what the CPU speed is at
> 70 Centigrade, and how much power it consumes at that temperature.

If I see it right, the industrial version of the "Armada 300"  has  only
1600 MHz while the consumer parts 1600 and 2000 MHz

>  i bet you it is 4 to 5 watts ( but below 25 centigrade it is 1 watt ).

They told me, it is nearly three times more then the Kirkwood 88F6281.

And this is, WHY I install a singel 3,7V/12Ah block (100x125x10,5mm)  in
my TablePC.  :-D

I hope I get the cells in 2-3 weeks...
(the Manufacturer "SouthRiver" is currently sampling)

> > I would go for a 64-256 MByte  NAND  as  "Rescue System"  maybe  with  a
> > special prepared universal installer for Debian on a dedicated server.
>  yes.  that's one of the plans.

I am experimenting with EmDebian Grip  which  need  less  then  16 MByte
otherwise the NAND sucks energy for nothing.  Adn I can not say, a  NAND
Flash sucks only some mW.  I have found some real Energy-Monster.

>  whoo-hoo, that is just about ok - that will squeeze in, there is a
> very thin plastic sheet covering the area under the SO-DIMM, so there
> will be no electrical contact.
>
>  fantastic.

I have nearly the WHOLE material complete to build

1)  TablePC 1    8"     Sitara AM3517            500 MHz
2)  TablePC 2    8"     OMAP 3530                720 MHz
3)  TablePC 3    8"4    Armada 300              1600 MHz

4)  NetBook 1    8"     OMAP 3530                720 MHz
5)  Netbook 2   10"     Armada 300              1600 MHz

6)  PanelPC 1   19"     Armada 300              2000 MHz

7)  Server 1            Kirkwood MV78200        1200 MHZ
                        with two 8ch SAS/SATA Raid Controller

In 9 Days I send out the order for the million connectors @MoreThanAll.

Hey, do you have read the Datasheet for the MAX2769 GPS chip?
What do you think about it?

All we need under Linux is a Kernel-Module depend on  a  SPI  Controller
and "serial" and then we can connect directly with the "gpsd" using NMEA
protocoll

Oh, I am in contact with BOPLA and the mulding forms for a Netbook  cost
28.000 Euro if the design is simple like <http://www.touchkit.com/>. :-)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193