[Arm-netbook] SO-DIMM Upgrade Proposal: CT-PC89E with an 833mhz S5PC100 and 1gb of RAM - anyone interested?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Fri Apr 2 17:12:29 BST 2010

Hello Adam,

> Luke,
> Need clarification on this so-dimm. For USD 150.00 this includes all
> revisions? ..until we get the all the fine tuning done? .. or will
> additional funding be required until we have a final so-dimm?
>
> How many are in? If many are in - then the price goes down? If there
> are others that want a new CT-PC89E/Seatron type netbook - maybe
> they would also want to have the new so-dimm ...
>
> For the new so-dimm what I think we need is:
> 1. 1GHz processor
> 2. 512MB RAM
> 3. Micro SD card slot for the hard drive - which means it is
> possible to always upgrade memory to the highest available
> 4. Nand flash can be included on the so-dimm if there is space - but
> i cannot see the point of having this if we are going to have a
> micro-sd slot

I think, this is no problmen, because in some days I will  get  the  new
2 GBit and 4 GBit DDR2 from Micron.  It is woking  for  the  Armada  300
(2000MHz) but I do not know, with your Samsung µC.  With  the  MLC  NAND
Flash I have to wait because the 256 Gbit are not available currently.

I get them from my distributor as samples but I have no prices yet.

In general, the whole thing (µC, NAND, DDR2, microSDHC, PMIC)  will  fit
without any problems on one SO-DIMM.

However, the OMAP 3530 for example support up to 3 SD cards  and  I  use
already three microSDHC with 32 GByte each.

Maybe a Disadvantage:
    You have to put them on the bottom side of the SO-DIMM and there
    is no space left between the PCB and the SO-DIMM.  But there  is
    enough space on a SO-DIMM to put µC, DDR and PMIC on the top and
    3 microSD holder on the bottom.

> You mentioned that there is space to make the so-dimm a little
> longer as there is a bit of space inside the case which can be
> utilized
>
> We have to make sure that non-Chitech type CT-PC89E's share the same
> motherboard or what the differences are ...

I was thinking on this too...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193