[MayHeydays] Greetings from May Heydays for January 1st

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 21:15:01 GMT 2024

Dear dance friends and MHD supporters

Now that the stresses, strains, expense, pleasures and fun of the
festive season are (mostly) past, just a reminder that you have 30 days
left to order your Early-Bird tickets for May Heydays 2024. Hi thee to
it!

Mecki and I are enjoying seeing two noisy, boisterous, young
granddaughters amidst a foot or so of snow and temperatures of -12C (and
expected to get to -20), at a very basic farm here in Norway - part of
my convalescence from a right side mastectomy on Dec 12th. Yep, I found
a lump on Oct 3rd and things then took their course. It was an
interesting, if disturbing, way to end one year and enter the next - but
the news was as good as it could be.

I mention this, really, to say that this was well below my radar, as I
suspect it would be with most of you, male or female. My message is that
it may be rare (less tha 1% of UK and US breast cancers), but it's out
there and often caught late, so I do urge all men to check now and
again, and advise their pals to do likewise. And women, nag your parters
or male friends about it as well.

Good wishes are taken as read and I wish us all a happy healthy dancing
year - and 3rd Evesham festival!

Monty
MHD Ticketing