[MayHeydays] May Heydays Update

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 12:50:55 GMT 2020

Dear Supporters

IT’S ON THE UP!

Come all ye festival supporters, toe-tapping sons and swinging daughters,
All those who’ve not yet filled the urge to book a ticket, make a splurge,
The time is nigh so act at once, delay no longer, be no dunce
The ‘Early-bird’ will soon take flight and disappear on Br*x*t night -
 From Feb the 1st the cost gets higher - read it on a May Heydays flyer.
We want you, one, we want you all, we’re waiting here to take your call
Come book in droves, you dancing host, online, by email, pigeon post,
Remember though, the deadline’s tight, Jan 31st, at 12, midnight!

A weekend ticket for May Heydays costs £85 until Friday, then moves to £97!
Further news:

1. Workshop Preferences

Those who are booked and have not yet done so are invited to pick
their preferred workshops:

    by Carol Ormand <http://www.mayheydays.org.uk/choices.html#Carol>

    and Joanna Reiner <http://www.mayheydays.org.uk/choices.html#Joanna>.

Just reply to this mail with your selection.

2. Costume Balls

The Saturday ball has now reached its pre-bookings limit. However, it
will be up to Joanna to decide when we have a full house. Dancers who
have not booked are welcome to queue in the hope of getting in.

The good news is that Rhodri's Sunday evening ball still has
pre-booking places left. Dancers can also queue on the night (last
year everyone who wanted got in).

3. New Callers

Keeping up the Eastbourne tradition of offering new festival callers a
training experience, we have a double session "New Callers' Showcase"
on Saturday afternoon. If you wish to take part, please reply to this
mail and we will pass your name on to Rhodri and John who will be your
mentors in 2020. So far, these sessions are under-subscribed - we'll
pinch the second slot for a surprise workshop if numbers remain low
(last year we had 6 callers).

4. Callers' Forum

For the first time, this year we are offering a double "Callers'
Round". These are two workshops where callers can discuss issues close
to their heart. Colin Hume has volunteered to facilitate one of these,
we are not sure yet who will do the second one. We're open to offers.

5. Sorry Love, Tea Dance is Off!

The tea dance will not be happening this year as too few of last
year's 'trainee' callers wished to take part. With a shortened
weekend, we'll to use the hall for other things.

We are all really pleased by our weekend numbers so far (currently
170, with 37% new to the festival) but please don't worry about space.
We have a spare hall!!!

Mecki and the team

Tel 01308 423 442