[Arm-netbook] Mainlining the EOMA68-A20

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Feb 13 10:28:51 GMT 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 6:18 AM, Allan Mwenda <allanitomwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Starting this new topic on Eric's request.
> I do find this a priority as shipping an aged Debian/Fedora/etc is not ideal
> at all.
> Let's discuss, and maybe even set up targets in the wiki?

 please do, pick somewhere (under or at
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/) and i'll move it later if
needed.

 key:

 * single monolithic devicetree must NOT repeat NOT go into mainline
 * it is IMPERATIVE that people DO NOT get the impression that this is
"yet another fuckwit SBC monolithic design to be thrown out in only a
few months".
 * dtb files MUST be ONLY for the Card(s) themselves and NOT repeat
NOT include the housing peripherals
 * housing peripherals MUST be in SEPARATE devicetree overlays, one per housing
 * BOTH uboot AND linux kernel MUST read the I2C EEPROM at address
0x51 to determine which overlay is to be loaded.

* 4.7rc0-4.7rc5 bug has to be found.  it's still present in all
mainline kernels since (appx) 4.7rc4 and terminates all and any
possibility of deployment of mainline linux.

of course, anyone wishing to take on this work will need Cards and
Housings to do so.  which is why the Cards are going out with linux
3.4 and why i've deliberately kept the numbers down for this first
run.