[Arm-netbook] MK802 mini pc case removed

Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD usunov at olimex.com
Wed May 30 09:02:18 BST 2012

HDMI lines need 3x Rclamp2405 TVS devices to protect A10 from ESD discharges which most TVs will induct in the HDMI cable, when you connect the cable to the board there may be small glitch voltage spikes with high amplitude which may destroy A10 video buffers, this is why they put the TVS on these lines, to take this ESD discharges, but as these devices should be with very low capacity or they will damp the signals which are with very high speed on HDMI  there are no many manufacturers to offer them and the price is high
the empty pads you see on the picture next to HDMI connector are for 3 TVS devices which are not populated
Tsvetan