[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Enrico ebutera at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 29 16:41:18 BST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
> On 05/29/2012 04:25 PM, Enrico wrote:
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD
>> <usunov at olimex.com>  wrote:
>>> 2. SD-card no need for internal NAND to lower the price
>>
>> Just a suggestion: if you never did a test YOURSELF between sd card
>> and nand flash, do it before deciding that.
>
> The question is which NAND and which SD card. They are _NOT_ all the
> same. SD cards are outrageously expensive per GB. My point is that most
> people may not actually need NAND because they'll use a SATA disk
> anyway, so why bother with NAND.

As i said, we are sharing our experience and ideas, Tsvetan will not
receive answers from a million people so that he will be able to
decide based on statistical marketing data.

It's not my or your point of view that must win, the win is already in
sharing ideas with him. Saying "most people may not actually need NAND
because they'll use a SATA disk anyway" is a big statement.

Enrico