[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD usunov at olimex.com
Tue May 29 16:06:05 BST 2012

> That's debatable. The chances are that those that want to use it will
> plug in an uSD card and leave it there. In that state I wouldn't imagine
> reliability would be negatively impacted. I've never actually seen a uSD
> slot fail, and I have had a lot of devices with such slots for a number
> of years.

ok, it was my guess

> Plus if you do use it heavily, flash wears out - at least uSD card is
> replaceable.

sure, it's good to have replacable Flash

> The only thing coming out of the chassis is ethernet and power. Console
> access is over ethernet to a serial switch (built into the blade chassis).

ok,

so if I got it corectly, board which is useble for server applications will
be with:

1. as much RAM as possible (1-2GB)
2. SD-card no need for internal NAND to lower the price
3. 100Mbit Ethernet
4. 2 USB hosts
5. SATA
6. +5V power supply with standard connector for motherboard power supply
7. Nano-ITX 120x120 mm size or Pico-ITX 100x72 mm format