[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Tue May 29 13:53:07 BST 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 15:24:49 +0300
Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd <usunov at olimex.com> wrote:

> What do you think will be most useful (speak as performance not price) for
> ARM embedded server with A10?
> ok, ETHERNET is must, I guess HDMI and many USB ports etc are not necessary
> in this case although they are build in and will not rise the BOM
> significant

Ethernet, SATA, at least two USB2.

> cheap LiPo 1.4Ah backup battery for stand alone operation few hours without
> main power supply instead to use costly UPS?
>
> RAM amount 1-2GB?
> FLASH amount 4-8GB enough?

Max amount of RAM, which I guess is 2gb; flash would be enough at even 2gb, IMHO.

> size factor? what is the best concept to mount in rack?

Standard mounting holes please, *TX would be best. Are you planning to do just the boards, or a rack unit with several of them onboard?

If the latter, you'd also need the internal power arrangement, and maybe an embedded eth switch too, depending on the goal (shared nothing? Compute nodes?).

- Lauri