[Arm-netbook] 75USD A10 android USB key

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Mon May 28 15:41:56 BST 2012

On 28/05/2012 20:14, Tom Cubie wrote:

> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM, krasi gichev <krasimirr at gmail.com
> <mailto:krasimirr at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     It is already available here for $73:
>     http://www.merimobiles.com/MK802_Allwinner_A10_Android_4_0_TV_Box_2160P_HDMI_p/meri4833.htm
>

> my friends is going to build such a product(without the case), A10,
> HDMI, small size,
> target at $49, will it be popular?

This type of board could be popular, especially once you get Linux
distributions and XBMC working. If the product is popular, custom cases
will appear like it's done for the Raspberry Pi.
To save cost he might consider scrapping the NAND flash and let people
use a microSD card to boot the system. The main drawback with this is
possible performance degradation with SD, but I have not seen benchmarks
about this.
If your friend can make a case that can be plugged directly into the TV
(HDMI) without cable and powered by USB (small USB cable to the TV USB
port) it will be even more successful.