[Arm-netbook] wits-tech EVB schematics

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon May 28 01:16:31 BST 2012

mån 2012-05-28 klockan 00:30 +0800 skrev Tom Cubie:

> i don't think allwinner will do that. They just want to avoid
> responsibilities by not releasing the
> source code. And even releasing is not officially and publicly, it's
> "leaked".

"leaked" is the wrong word. Some other stuff in there was leaked but not
the A10 kernel sources. Those were released as per license requirements.

What is troublesome is that most of the allwinner source files are
missing the GPL license header and instead have Allwinner/Softwinner/...
restricted copyright "All rights reserved" or no copyright at all.
Without a clear official statement we have to assume these sources are
not licensed for use in the GPL licensed Linux kernel and that the
resulting combined work from building the kernel may be in violation of
the GPL and not licensed for redistribution in any form.

Regards
Henrik