[Arm-netbook] netiquette (Was: Re: OLIMEX A10 board)

moo cow magcrap at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:06:18 BST 2012

On 25/05/12 23:22, moo cow wrote:
> [...]
>
> thx
>
> ian

Dear Ian, your replies are always very interesting but every time you do
it you break the threads composing new unconnected mails. This renders
the list impossible to follow by anyone not reading the mails all day.

Serious, I beg you, please PLEASE try to learn use email correctly. It's
not hard at all. There are plenty resources online explaining email
etiquette and why certain practices (like this) are harmful.

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro Mery

Alejandro,

hi

I'm always happy to comply with a reasonable request politely made ;-)

I have to confess at the moment i end up looking this mail-list in a
browser and any interesting article i (apart from hopefully just this
time) end up pasting the thread title and content in to gmail, adding
my comment below and emailing it off.

I have to confess the closest i have come to seeing a flat email list
used for collaborative development are forums (i've always liked
stickies as a great place for concise rules)  ... professionally I'm
too used to having a structure defined within an application and a set
of rules concisely documented and living on the application.

If you can suggest a more efficient way of interacting with the mail
list I'm happy to give it a spin, likewise if you can suggest a link
to a CONCISE  non "tin foil hat" etiquette applicable to this mail
list I'm happy to give it a read ...

 rgds

ian