[Arm-netbook] R-Pi Only Better and More Available?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri May 25 18:07:45 BST 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> On 05/25/2012 11:27 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
>>
>>   then why don't you release the schematics?
> As I said before.

 well... no you didn't.

> I don't have any open A10 schematics.

 yes.  annoying.  wits-tech haven't stated what the copyright or
license is on the EVB schematics they gave to us.  copyright doesn't
seem to enter their heads.  hmmm, must ask them about that.

> I only have the same confidential schematics as other members including you on the list.

 ok, so why don't you make some open schematics, instead of
complaining that none exist?

 and - again, one last time, what is the reason why you did not hand
me back the schematics so that i could pass it on to other engineers?

>> if you don't
>> answer the questions to peoples' satisfaction you will leave me with
>> no choice but to ensure that you do not further aggravate the project.
>

> Too much cloak and dagger for me.

 no, bari, it's not.  that's entirely imagined in your own mind: i
haven't got time to fuck about, nor, if you actually knew me, would
you even *remotely* consider saying that.  i'm far too pathological in
working towards goals to fuck about trying to "stab people".

 but you are right in one respect: i *have* kept things quiet. the
reason why it's been kept quiet is because i've given you
opportunities *in private* to get your act together, out of respect
for you and also your abilities, contacts and the other valuable
contributions you've made to the project.  and for reasons only known
to you, you've not taken those opportunities.

 so, now it's publicly known that you "did not wish to be associated
with a failed project", and you're declining to explain your actions -
publicly - to the community.

 in the meantime i have had to deal with the embarrassment that you've
caused to the project, to the clients, investors and the only people i
haven't told what's been going on is the community, to give *YOU* a
chance, bari.

 there's no "cloak", no "dagger".  it's real straightforward: you have
a problem - a psychological one - which has come to light through your
disregard for the project.  you *could* have given me back the
schematics.  that would have been a contribution to the project, and
we could have moved forward.  everyone would have benefitted, and
there would have been no problem

 ... but you didn't, did you?  if you'd handed me back the schematics
we would not be having this conversation.