[Arm-netbook] R-Pi Only Better and More Available?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:44:53 BST 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> On 05/25/2012 05:32 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
>>    and will *NOT* be issuing
>> the 2nd engineer with a patent license if they make EOMA CPU cards,
>> unless they take the opportunity offered to them to help move the
>> project forward in some way, not backwards.
>>
>>   i haven't mentioned this previously because i wanted the next news to
>> be either a PDF schematic or an actual prototype card.
>>
>>   everyone wants CPU cards - i can't go into details because much of
>> it's confidential - but i am working hard behind the scenes to
>> coordinate peoples' efforts.
>>

> This is the problem with "open" hardware projects that aren't OPEN.

 yes.  i did release the kicad drawings, however the people that i've
asked to do the ORCAD CAD/CAM drawings haven't been open.

> Maybe a better patent free open hardware standard will come along that
> supports open hardware and software.

 i've already asked (and my associates have agreed) to grant automatic
royalty-free licenses to anyone creating FSF Hardware-Endorseable
products that happen to fall within the remit of both the hardware and
hardware-software patents.

> Maybe an open hardware COM platform
> that is steered by the community vs under the guise of community, free
> from patents, hidden agendas, personal issues, etc etc

 that would be nice.  we'll get there.  we have to make some money
though, unless there's people willing to start from an open hardware
COM platform steered by the community and *funded* by the community.