[Arm-netbook] build system needed [debian, ubuntu etc.]

Rosimildo DaSilva rosimildo at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:28:25 BST 2012

Hi all,

I am just subscribed to the mailing list. I have ordered and received two
A2000 boxes.

For someone new like me, it would be nice if had three basics HOW-TO's.

I don't know if this is possible, but to someone without any experience
with these boxes, it may help.

1. HOW-TO: Building and Testing the Serial Console with a the "stock flash"
image.

This means getting the serial console working with a PC, without messing up
with Images/Builds, etc.

2. HOW-TO: Make a SD Card  with an existing "Pre-Builder"  Image.  (
assumes HOW-TO #1 working ).

Because this involve "taste" for different distributions, we should have a
list of 4/8G images for: Ubuntu/Debian/etc available for duplication.

3. HOW-TO: Build an Image from Scratch, including u-boot, kernel, rootfs,
and any artifacts involved.

This is for someone that has stepped #1 and #2 HOW-TO's, or whom who has
lot's experience doing this. But, due to the nature of new H/W, may spend
some time on the first how-to's.

Take care, Rosimildo