[Arm-netbook] policy for wiki and mailing list

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:37:11 BST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> On 22/05/12 20:40, lkcl luke wrote:
> [...]
>>> Right now you have a policy in place where contributors get thrown off
>>> the mailing list if they contribute.
>>
>> ... in a non-productive way.  please do not misquote me.  please
>> re-read what i said.
>
> Okay. I give up. You win.

 there's no "winning", david - there's only the goal.

> I'm sorry, but I really don't have the time or the inclination to deal
> with this level of petty control-freakery. If you're willing to throw
> people out for the sole reason that *you* think we're not productive...
> I don't want to be here. This is a community, not your private playground.

 that's a complete and total misinterpretation, *and* as i've told you
twice now including this time is an out-of-date assessment.

 i apologise but i cannot help you with that.

> So I'm leaving the mailing list. I don't need this in my life. I do wish
> you luck with your project, I really do, but I can't cope with this.

 your choice, david.  the rest of the conversation, which you cut,
said "please feel free to contribute to the policies of the community"
and you chose to ignore that: that is also your choice.

> To everyone else: I'm in the middle of a number of conversations; if you
> feel I can be of any assistance, feel free to cc me. And there's some
> kernel hacking I want to do, but that's better done on github than here
> anyway.

 perfect.  in this way, you get to contribute in a productive way to
the project, without "noise" on the mailing list i.e. you get to use
the available communications resources.

 amery, henrik and others *have* pointed out that the conversation you
engaged in was best held on github's bugtracker, and you've chosen to
fixate on something which is past and out-of-date.  i cannot help you
with that choice, made by you.

 ok.  onwards.