[Arm-netbook] policy for wiki and mailing list

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:40:19 BST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> On 19/05/12 18:49, lkcl luke wrote:
> [...]
>>  there are ways to *successfully* use wikis and there are ways to
>> completely fail to make any progress, headway or have them be useful
>> for any purpose whatsoever.
>
> Yes. Absolutely. I'm not disputing that. The only thing we disagree with
> is the details.
>
> I am completely happy with agreeing to disagree, and that is what I have
> been attempting to do. Unfortunately that is no longer possible, because
> you've been threatening to throw people off the list for not doing what
> you want.
>
> In another post you said:
>
>> so please get it *out* of your head that your ego is more important,
> [...]
>> do you want to deprive people of the opportunity to contribute?
> [...]
>> do you want a policy in place which makes it harder for people to
>> contribute?
>
> Right now you have a policy in place where contributors get thrown off
> the mailing list if they contribute.

... in a non-productive way.  please do not misquote me.  please
re-read what i said.

> Please think about the above statements in this context.

 i have.  i did.

 david - this is an out-of-date discussion.  there are ongoing
discussions where people are working together towards setting a useful
and productive policy.  my concerns - that people contribute in a
useful and productive manner - are thus being addressed.

 if you'd like to help set the policies that you would be happy to
move forward with please do so.