[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000: SATA HD does not work

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon May 21 22:18:46 BST 2012

On 21/05/12 21:56, Nik0 wrote:
[...]
> Sorry to get back on this subject.
> I succeeded to tune the evb.fex to have the ethernet, usb and wifi working but
> my SATA drive is still not recognized.
> I have theses setting
> [sata_para]
> sata_used = 1
> sata_power_en =
>
> There is anything else to change ?
> Or is it a kernel problem ? How to check that ?

You might not be using a kernel that actually has the driver in it ---
if you look in /sys/class, do you see any directories starting 'ata_'?

FWIW, I didn't have to change the fex file to get SATA working, but I
did have to compile my own kernel with the driver in it.

│
│ "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
│ stupidity." --- Nick Diamos (Hanlon's Razor)