[Arm-netbook] policy for wiki and mailing list

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon May 21 18:19:06 BST 2012

On 05/19/12 01:41, lkcl luke wrote:
> so the rules that i am forced to reluctantly set are as follows:
>
> 1) you put information that is useful to other people - no matter how
> patchy, scant, incorrect, incomplete, in the wrong place, and no
> matter how much you are "afraid it might be criticised" - on the wiki.
>   nobody's going to criticise you - personally - for doing so.  they
> might even improve the information.
>
> 2) you make an announcement on the list referring people to the page.
>
> 3) i will give each individual two and only two publicly-announced
> opportunities to conform to 1) and 2).
>
> 4) on the 3rd violation of rules 1) and 2) i will simply unsubscribe
> them from the list.

fair enough.
but would you consider outlining a wiki structure? un unstructured wiki
can be a bit of a nightmare.

perhaps have two areas where unverified stuff goes in one area and
verified in another?

people could add to the unverified or "work in progress" area until such
time as it is reasonably solid and then copy to the verified area.

and for the record, i don't think my question and the hopefully ensuing
debate belongs in the wiki. but i put it on the discussion area of the
root page.

and could be please move to mediawiki?