[Arm-netbook] A13 schematic

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:53:05 BST 2012

Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd wrote:
>     To clarify, where is the borderline between a HDMI product or a product
>     which can be extended with HDMI via addon module which may be as little
>     as a connector adapter, or the product which can be extended with HDMI
>     using a connector adapter?
>
> I guess they want to see cash on the part/device where the magic word HDMI appear :)
> in our case A13-OLinuXino is board with GPIO connector where LCD signals are present,
> plug-in adapter which converts the LCD-RGB signals to DVI/HDMI is which will be classified as HDMI adapter/device and
> should be certified/licenseed
> I do wonder how they control if the licensee is paid? the silicon vendors? it seems in this case Silicon Image will sell
> me SIL9022A only if I get HDMI licensee.

yep, and I guess it's the same for Chrontel. If you want to write the word
"HDMI" on the box of your product, there is also HDMI certification
to be done...

What you could do is an actual DVI output using the HDMI connector,
like e.g. the Beagleboard does, but you will lose the audio over
hdmi in this case..