[Arm-netbook] Documentation Proposal

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Mon May 21 04:22:17 BST 2012

On 20/05/2012 00:38, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM, cnxsoft<cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since there seems to be a bit a tension regarding documentation and tracking
>> changes, I would like to make a proposal about how it could be organized.
>   thanks jean-luc.  i'll be happy to organise resources (hosting) -
> that's also an option.  i have a spare VM which is going to be hosting
> qimod.com for the purpose, so there's the option of hosting tarballs,
> images (small ones!), bugtrackers etc.
>
>   l.

Hi,

I've upated the Wiki http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/  with a
"Getting Involved" section that shows how people can help with the
project and (indirectly) shows how to access different documentations.

"EOMA-68 CPU card is an open source software and hardware project that
rely on the community participation. You can get involved in several ways:

    or questions (registration required at
    http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/arm-netbook)
  * Contributing to the source code
    <http://rhombus-tech.net/source_code/> (kernel, bootloader, ...)
  * Downloading and trying Linux images available at Allwinner A10
    images <http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_image/>
  * Reporting bugs / features requests in github issue tracker, see
    source code <http://rhombus-tech.net/source_code/> page for links to
    corresponding repositories.
  * Adding information to the Wiki (these pages) mainly for how-tos,
    news and general description of the project"

I moved the source code part to a new page
http://rhombus-tech.net/source_code with links where to get the code,
report bugs and see the software changelog.

Hopefully, if we can operate this way, this will satisfy Luke (since
it's clearly explained where the software changes are located) and the
community that does not need to document software changes daily in the
Wiki (as it will show in github).

Apart from that, I'm not a big fan of github issue tracker, so if the
community think Bugzilla would be more suitable, I would be more than
happy to install and setup it up in Luke's VM.
I would also like to create a script for daily build in this VM for
u-boot and the kernel, and possibly a Ubuntu image based on Ubuntu-Core
rootfs <http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/11.10/release/>
(armel until we get the armhf binaries) that can be downloaded via FTP.
Luke that image would be around 40 MB, hopefully it's not too big.