[Arm-netbook] policy for wiki and mailing list

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:47:40 BST 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM, João Pinto <lamego.pinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> can someone point me «in private» to a ML with people with the
> same technical goals from this one but where a Free «as in speech»
> participation is allowed ?

 joao, the concept of "free speech" is a myth.   do you get onto the
Linux Kernel Mailing List and expect to be tolerated for talking about
chickens and race cars?

 this is about goals - about shared goals.  you are entirely *free* to
set up a mailing list with different goals from the ones that i have
set for this project.

 from 2004 to 2006 i had the shared goal of reverse-engineering HTC
smartphones, with people like cr2 who is still associated with the
#htc-linux project.  we operated *without* having a mailing list - IRC
and a wiki only (and a source code repository and a place to upload
files).  it worked very very well.

 this project is about to get very very busy (i will be in a position
to make announcements and give more details in a few weeks), and i'd
like it to be on a sound footing by then.