[Arm-netbook] sata and ethernet working in allwinner-v3.0-android-v2

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:20:48 BST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> On 17/05/12 16:42, Alejandro Mery wrote:
>> Hi, I wanted to inform that sata and `mac_addr=` support in the
>> allwinner-v3.0-android-v2 branch of
>> https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/ has been fixed, and so this
>> branch (based on the 3.0.8 source drop from Qware, but currently at
>> 3.0.31) is considered better than the old allwinner-v3.0-android
>> (initially based on the 2.6.36 release).
>
> I have it working. Yay!

 superb.  that's good news.

 > Attached is a patch which prevents memory being reserved for
> framebuffer, G2D and video engine if the relevant bits aren't enabled in
> the kernel configuration.

 again, please: DOCUMENT this.  on the place that is appropriate for
DOCUMENTATION.

 i really don't like having to repeat myself.

 david - will you please acknowledge that you have understood that it
is really impolite to force me to repeat requests, especially requests
that are to help *you* as much as anyone else.