[Arm-netbook] sata and ethernet working in allwinner-v3.0-android-v2

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri May 18 23:49:26 BST 2012

On 17/05/12 16:42, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> Hi, I wanted to inform that sata and `mac_addr=` support in the
> allwinner-v3.0-android-v2 branch of
> https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/ has been fixed, and so this
> branch (based on the 3.0.8 source drop from Qware, but currently at
> 3.0.31) is considered better than the old allwinner-v3.0-android
> (initially based on the 2.6.36 release).

I have it working. Yay!

Attached is a patch which prevents memory being reserved for
framebuffer, G2D and video engine if the relevant bits aren't enabled in
the kernel configuration. This whole area looks very much under
construction, and I've no idea whether this is the right approach or
not, but on my server system this gains me an extra 115MB or so of
usable RAM.

(Incidentally, the G2D area is apparently never reserved. Is that correct?)

Also I can't find the sun4i serial driver anywhere in the kernel
configuration, which means I don't get a serial console --- any pointers?

│
│ "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
│ stupidity." --- Nick Diamos (Hanlon's Razor)