[Arm-netbook] A13 schematic

Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd usunov at olimex.com
Thu May 17 11:19:15 BST 2012

I'm working on A13 schematic now and as I got many requests for HDMI option
I evaluate the possibility to use SIL9022A as HDMI transciever for HDMI
shield.
I requested datasheet from Silicon Image and got NDA pre-qualification
infosheet and this written below:

"For using the requested ICs is it binding to be a HDMI licensee. This
licensing is related to a yearly fee of 10.000US$ for HDMI-Membership. The
procedure will be directly executed by the HDMI organization. Further
information can be found by the help of the following links: <
http://www.hdmi.org/> "

with the modest initial quantities we are targeting like 1000 pcs this is
significant charge in the shield cost.

I do wonder how this HDMI licensee is solved in A10, is it already put
inside the price of A10 or anyone who build something with A10 have to
licensee individually. If I was building 1 000 000 tablets I would not
bother about this but now I think I will drop the HDMI idea for a while :)

Tsvetan